Saturday 23 November 2013

10 THINGS YOU DON'T DO WHEN TAKING A MASTER'S DEGREE


  10. READ: I don’t read anything “fun” – interesting, maybe, but not anything I can get lost in. My TBR pile is about to topple – okay, so it was kind of tall BEFORE I started this programme, but it’s even scarier now!

9. SOCIALIZE: I don’t socialize much, and if I do, it’s with guilt that I should be at the books.

8. COOK: I don’t cook from scratch. I would be fine with PB & J sandwiches, but the fam would not. I love to cook, and use Saturdays and Sundays to do it. Retired Guy has weekday duties. However, now we go out on the weekends because I spend the day hitting the books!

7. EXERCISE: I don’t exercise or work out! I love yoga – had to give it up because it runs on my class nights. I love walking through the woods and trails – again, no time to do this. Between this and #8, I’ve gained 8lbs!!!

6. SHOP: I don’t shop for frivolous articles like new shoes, clothes, things for my soon-to-be grandchildren!!! A bonus here, of course, is that my bank account looks better – oh wait, no it doesn’t, because I have to pay tuition!

5. WATCH TV – Okay, I hardly watched TV before, but I did have some shows that I liked. Now, I have no idea what’s going on. The Rob Ford fiasco totally cut into my homework time because it was a train wreck from which I couldn’t look away!

4. RESPOND TO EMAILS OR PHONE CALLS: I’m a terrible friend, mother, niece, sister. I try not to be rude – I try to respond – but it’s usually with a “yes or no” and always …”I’m doing homework”.

3. BLOG: Although I should maybe do it as a reflection piece – I just don’t seem to have the time (except now, when I’m actually procrastinating doing my final term assignments)

2. CLEAN: My house is a Dee-SASTER! The dust bunnies have been feasting on the dog hair and look like actual pets themselves! It got so bad last week that Retired Guy found the vacuum and ran it around the living areas. I thought he’d removed furniture, there was so much space!

And the #1 thing you don’t do when you’re taking a Master’s of Ed @UOIT,

FEEL RESTLESS OR BORED! It’s so interesting and my brain is challenged. I absolutely love what I’m taking and learning! I would recommend pursuing this higher education journey to everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment